Wednesday, August 24, 2005


Well, now that we have started the moving adventure we decided to start a running documentation of our experiences. We hope you all enjoy following us on this exciting journey as we leave end one chapter of our lives and begin another.

I guess I will start with the beginning! -- Wednesday, August 24, 2005
I woke up early as usual to the sad crying of baby Chunkin butt, got out of bed and scooped her out of her crib and walked to the kitchen to make some coffee. Aaron was dressing for morning PT and on his way out the door.

Still clouded in the morning haze of my mind, it suddenly dawned on me that today was the day -- the first day of our big adventure. I move into overdrive, finishing the packing, trying to clean up the rest of the mess in the kitchen, getting dressed... so much to do, so little time.

So far the business has curbed my nervousness. If I stop to think about it all; the move, the drive, a new life, I start to feel anxious. It is all very exciting, but still very scary. Here we are leaving the comfortable zone which we have created here over the past 8 years -- and entering the unknown -- that is why I have decided it will be an adventure -- a family adventure with my girls, 2 dogs and my best friend. I am sure it will not be smooth, how could it with the "triple H threat", but together we will make the best of it. -- ok, back to the story---

The girls and I checked into the local Residence Inn at around 10:00am with Desirae in tow. Aaron ended up taking the day off from work The "packers" showed up at our house LATE, at about 12:00pm. The two ladies busied themselves by literally dumping all of our wordly belongings into brown boxes. Polly pockets are now mixed with Care Bears and I am sure my silverware is probably packed with dirty laundry! Oh well, unpacking should be fun! They sure worked up a sweat (pee-yew!) and then left about 3 hours later with little more than the girl's room and the office packed into boxes! We were bewildered as to how they would finish in any reasonable amount of time the next day.


Aaron and I stayed at the house cleaning out the contents of our attic, ok, Aaron did most of the hauling, I did some sorting and then had to leave to relieve Desirae! It is amazing how much stuff you can accumulate over 4 years of marriage with 3 small children! Wow! did we have a lot of stuff..... Here is our impressive trash pile!


After a long day of sorting and moving I headed for the hotel to fight off the little ones! What a long day, but the journey has begun!

More to follow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home