Saturday, October 22, 2005

October 22, 2005
Finally, I get to see the koalas at the zoo. This is what I wanted to see the first time and didn't! For those of you who don't know, I have been a koala lover most of my life. It all started when my Gran brought me a stuffed koala home as a prize from a trip. From that moment on, I was smitten. I collected the cuddly bears for a long time and amassed quite a collection! Now, to see then in full living color is just amazing! They are so cute and cuddly looking, although I understand that they can be very ornery! The zoo has about 4 of them with 5 babies behind glass. I could have stood and watched them forever, but there was more zoo to see!
Next stop was the elephants and the rhino! and then on to the bears. They have some sun bears, brown bears and some polar bears. Oh, and don't forget the Pandas! Last time we went there was a pretty long line to see them, so we waited. This time we were causually walking past, on our way to the exit (baby had had enough of the zoo and was in sore need for a nap) and there was no line, so we snuck in. What beautiful creatures! They ask you be quiet in their area which was not easy for baby. The downside is that they don't let you linger very long. Gotta keep the line moving so others can see, ba hum bug!
Pictures this time are of the animals..... hope no one minds!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home